This is also known as a clipped ledger and is a method of constructing a running ledger with a long hook length to make it streamlined and easier to cast. For ease of use and adjustability, I use these Mustad clips – just remember to slide the silicone tube onto the main line or leader before constructing the rest of the rig.
1. Slide silicon tube onto line or leader and insert clip.
2. Slide snap swivel, link or weight onto line or leader.
3. Slide on a bead and tie off to a swivel.
4. Tie or clip hook length to swivel followed by hook.
5. To use: Loop hook length over the clip before clipping hook onto lower bait clip, impact lead or bait shield.